Fix InternetCrackUrlW

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Oct 8 19:03:44 CDT 2004

Maxime Bellengé <maxime.bellenge at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> An application I try to install calls InternetOpenUrlW with an url like
> that :
>
> http://server/.\\path/file
>
> Under windows, it works but under wine , the result of such a request is
> 404.
> So my assumption is windows converts '\' to '/'. I tried that and now it
> works perfectly under wine.
>
> Changelog:
>     * Convert \ to / in urls.

You cannot do that, because InternetCrackUrl doesn't always make a
copy of the path, it may return a pointer to the original buffer. The
conversion may need to be done at some other level, or you may need to
only do it when copying the path. Either way writing a test case would
be a good idea.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org