winsock: errs and fixmes, unimplemented socket level

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 9 07:58:31 CDT 2004

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 13:16:29 +0300 (EEST), you wrote:

> Hi!
>
> When I start Space Empires IV, I get the following lines:
>
> fixme:winsock:convert_sockopt Unimplemented or unknown socket level
> err:winsock:WS_setsockopt Invalid level (65407) or optname (128)
> fixme:winsock:convert_sockopt Unimplemented or unknown socket level
> err:winsock:WS_setsockopt Invalid level (65407) or optname (128)
> fixme:winsock:convert_sockopt Unknown SOL_SOCKET optname 0xff7f
> err:winsock:WS_setsockopt Invalid level (1) or optname (65407)

These are bugs in your program, not wine. The program is trying to set
the option SO_DONTLINGER, which is 0xffffff7f, but instead is tries
0x0000ff7f not only as the option name but also as the level. I have
replayed this under Win2K and these calls fail there just as under wine.

> The game does work otherwise perfectly, but the network playing is working
> correctly. I can create a server, and clients can connect to it, but when
> the server is supposed to send a game-file to the clients, nothing
> happens.

This sounds as it takes some trouble to reproduce this.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl