MM doc update

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 10 10:12:43 CDT 2004

Mike Hearn a écrit :
> The problem with ASCII art is that the website uses a proportional font
> so it looks all messed up.
which one ? I just checked the MM and the ntdll/kernel sections and they
look ok here. looks more a html browser setting issue, rather than a
winehq one (unless you don't have fixed fonts installed)

> I think a good janitorial task would be for
> somebody to install Inkscape and convert the ASCII art diagrams we have
> in the docs to SVG, so they could be rendered to PNGs or something and
> become a part of the developer guide.
IMO, we should be able to build the doc without too many dependencies
and also still to be able to generate PS, pdf and even full txt
documentation. The real solution would be SVG embedded in DocBook so
that it could be rendered into the various output formats.
But this doesn't seem to be fully ready for prime time (at least last
time I checked).

A+