COM inheritence

Ann and Jason Edmeades us at the-edmeades.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 12 12:33:23 CDT 2004

>Have a look at dlls/quartz/pin.h
>I have emulated C++ style inheritance by creating a structure that is
>included at the start of every derived implementation and then
>constructing the vtable at compile time and linking to the base
>functions. If you wanted to do the same for d3d{8,9} and wined3d you
>would have to add each common function to the spec file.

I like the solutions of putting the structures in - thats a neat
way of ensuring consistency...

>constructing the vtable at compile time and linking to the base functions.

However, I think the vtbl issue is different - Dont you get away with
constructing the vtbl because all subclasses are in the same C part, or
have I missed something?

BTW I dont want to call cross shared library for inheritance, but I
do want to call cross 'C' part in the same library, so hopefully
shouldnt need to use the spec file.

Any thoughts? If not, I'll go for forwarding functions - painful,
but not the end of the world.

Jason