MM doc update

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 10:37:54 CDT 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:45:01 +0100, Mike Hearn <mike at navi.cx> wrote:

> OK. I'll investigate. However, the diagrams have always looked wrong to
> me even on a variety of different machines and browsers :(

They look good here with Mozilla on XP and Linux.

With regard to Inkscape and SVG, I think this is an excellent idea
but it's a bit premature.  Looks like Docbook won't support it until
the schemas in version 4.3.  Right now 4.2 seems to be what's
shipping (at least on my FC test1 Linux box.)

There should be a way to:

1. separate the diagrams into other files
2. create separate SVG and plain fixed-width font ASCII diagrams
3. then based on what autoconf finds for docbook version include
    the appropriate diagram

This is probably an idea to revisit in about 6 - 9 months.

-Brian