-fPIC on link line in winegcc for HPUX

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Oct 14 23:16:22 CDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 09:03:53PM -0700, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Actually it could be argued that winegcc should add -fPIC itself if
> it's needed for linking, users shouldn't have to worry about that.

Absolutely, the user shouldn't need to provide anything. It would
be silly to have some internal winegcc computation/compilation fail
because the user did not provide some flags.

In fact, I also had in mind the same thing, but I forgot the patch
did not do that. As I was saying, I think we can just always provide
it during link, gcc should be able to deal with it on all platforms.

--
Dimi.