Use LLP64 compatible sized-types for LONG and DWORD

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Sat Oct 16 22:48:14 CDT 2004

Le sam 16/10/2004 à 23:45, Dmitry Timoshkov a écrit :
> "Vincent Béron" <vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca> wrote:
>
> > Changelog:
> > Change the type of LONG and DWORD to be int based instead of long based
> > for Win64 compatibility.
>
> It would be cleaner IMO to use that only when compiling with _WIN64 defined,
> that would avoid affecting the Win32 target.

Dimi thought like you (and me too), but that's not what Alexandre
thought on IRC yesterday. One of the things is that if we have different
definitions on Win32 and Win64, the TRACEs and others will always spew
lots of warnings in one or the other case. With the same definition, we
can get it right on both.

I still don't know what to do about code using explicit "long" in Win64,
especially as it can be in a Unix API or a Win32/64 API.

Vincent