wine/dlls/ntdll time.c

Rein Klazes rklazes at
Tue Oct 19 03:55:23 CDT 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:00:27 -0400, you wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 04:19:29PM -0500, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> > Log message:
> > 	Rein Klazes <rklazes at>
> > 	In RtlQueryTimezoneInformation use information from the registry if it
> > 	is available.
> >
> > Patch:
> Hmm, shouldn't we synch up with the Unix env instead?
> I assume this info is available in the Unix env...
> This would be preferable even in the case of a shared
> Windows install, me thinks.

Dimitrie, if you know of a decent way to get this information from the
Unix environment that would certainly the best.

In discussions over the years on this subject, the consensus was more or
less that there is not any and that we need this registry information

The last discussion was in March this year, in a thread under the
subject "[RESENT] TIME_GetBias". In particular I am more or less
following the idea in this post:

It may still be possible that in the end I may be able to link a Unix
timezone in the form "Europe/Amsterdam" to the Windows
TimeZoneInformation, making certain things go automatic, but that
belongs to ideas that I'm still playing with.

Rein Klazes
rklazes at