Functions For Helping FillRect

William Poetra Yoga H williampoetra at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 07:53:12 CDT 2004

--- "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> wrote:

> This is OK, the rect functions are consistent with the rest of the GUI
> functions
> (I would also add that not including the right and bottom borders is a good
> thing,
> but let's not debate that). Anyway, even if the standard APIs were awkward,
> in
> Wine we insist on using the standard stuff as much as possible, it's the best
> we can do long term. For many reasons. So no, adding such helper functions
> will
> not fly.
>
> --
> Dimi.

Um... OK, so the correct code is to add 1 to the sides, right? I mean, to draw
the 50x75 rectangle we would do:

r.left = 10;
r.top = 10;
r.right = 61;
r.bottom = 86;

FillRect(hdc, &r, hbr);

And for everything else when we have an x by y rectangle, we actually mean
(x-1) by (y-1), is it OK to assume so? Am I correct?