rsaenh

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Oct 26 06:48:35 CDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 10:13:59AM +0200, Michael Jung wrote:
> > Finally, some stylistic nits:
> > 4. Please break long lines.
> Is there a rule for the maximum line lenght in wine? Would 128 characters be
> ok?

There's no maximum just don't make them too long.  128 is a bit much, <100 is
better.

> Are tabs or spaces prefered in wine? Is there a common tabwidth? How to I get
> vi to store tabs as white spaces?

Tab should be 8 spaces, anything else will mess things up long term.
I'd guess spaces are prefered, to avoid any problem. Also, while everybody
can use whatever indentation they want (as along as they are consistent
with the existing indentation when modifying files), the most common
(and I guess the prefered) indentation in Wine is 4 spaces.

> Is it ok to post a 30kB patch to wine-devel or is it preferable to put it on
> the web and just post a link?

Posting is OK (and prefered), it makes it easier to reply to it,
and provide comments.

--
Dimi.