Wine for Solaris 2.8 assembler problems

Doug dougpostman at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 09:00:40 CDT 2004

 I am trying to compile Wine for Solaris to get MCS
working for mono.  However there are problems getting
Wine to work on Solaris 2.8.  When first compiling
wine, I was thought the errors were caused by using
the assembler for Solaris so I changed the as
(assembler) to the GNU version.  Now I get the
following errors.  Any ideas of how to fix this?  I
have heard people getting mono to work on Solaris 2.8
so from what I know it is possible to get Wine
working.

gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include
-D__WINESRC__ -DBINDIR="\"/usr/l
ocal/bin\"" -DDLLDIR="\"/usr/local/lib/wine\""
-D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -f
no-strict-aliasing -gstabs+ -Wpointer-arith  -g -O2 -o
port.o port.c
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:1162: Error: ignoring unrecognized
symbol type ""
{standard input}:1162: Error: Rest of line ignored.
First ignored character is `
2'.