FW: GetEnvironmentVariableW regression?

Rolf Kalbermatter rolf.kalbermatter at citeng.com
Tue Oct 26 14:22:23 CDT 2004

I suddenly happen to get an error when starting up any application in Wine
after having upgraded to current CVS yesterday night from a version a few
days ago. The error message is about:

"Warning: The specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible"
and the same applies for the system directory with the message: "Warning:
The specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system" is not accessible".
Looking in the sources I can find the according message in dlls/kernel/process.c
and the paths seem to get extracted with GetEnvironmentVariableW(). It seems
to me that there is a problem with bad variable expanding or something as the
double backslashes in the path in the warning text definitely look wrong.

I'm using SUSE Linux 9.0 with XFree 4.3.99. Has this to do with some changes
where the .wine/config is supposed to be moved to the registry? If so how do
we get the right settings into the registry for common users?

Rolf Kalbermatter