CurrentVersion missing

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 11:34:35 CDT 2004

The string HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\CurrentVersion is missing from a normal wine
install.  When installing gmail notifier, the installer checks to make
sure the OS version is NT or greater, but the installer calls
GetVersion(), and after that succeeds, it then queries the
CurrentVersion string above from the registry, but doesnt find it.
After I added the key manually and set it to an arbitrary "1", the
install proceeds (it only checks the length of the string not the
actual data).  Shouldn't this string always be a part of the registry
anyway? And if so, how would I go about making sure that it is a part
of the standard registry that ships with wine?

--
James Hawkins