Default System Colors

William Poetra Yoga H williampoetra at
Sun Oct 31 08:07:29 CST 2004

--- Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at> wrote:

> How about using the color setting from the X11 environment? Wine could read
> it
> on startup and convert it to registry keys.

Yes, we could do that, but I don't think it's a good idea. Windows programs are
meant to be run on Windows, and people coming from Windows (I used to do
Windows a few years back) expect the colors to match the ones on Windows,
regardless of the colors of the current desktop environment.

We could make it an option instead, and make the Win2K colors the default. But
my patch hasn't been merged :'( Don't know why...

Do you Yahoo!?