COM / Installshield status?

Dan Kegel dank at
Sun Oct 31 22:26:35 CST 2004

What's the current status on bug 423 (,
"Out-of-process COM support"?  There hasn't been anything added to
that bugzilla entry for two years, and presumably there has
been some progress.  Perhaps someone in the know could
update that bug report.

Likewise, what's the current status of Installshield support,
and how much work would it be to fully support
Installshield-based installers?  I don't see any
open Installshield bug reports, maybe I should file
one against the apps I have that don't install at
the moment.  (Or would that be overkill?)

Trying to get a job as a c++ developer?  See