Possible fun project/todo list item?

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com
Thu Sep 2 09:58:00 CDT 2004

> Well yes its a standalong project but most people only have it if they
> installed mozilla. I think the best way to do it if we were going to go
> down the NSS route would be to add a few lines of magic to the wine
> script and detect the mozilla path at runtime. I think we could do a
> short version of what the flash rpmscript does to detect the path and
> keep it as a soft dependancy

LOCATIONS="/usr/lib/mozilla /usr/lib/mozilla-* /usr/lib/firefox-*
/usr/lib/netscape /usr/lib/opera /usr/lib/MozillaFirebird
/usr/lib/firefox /usr/local/netscape /usr/local/mozilla
/usr/local/MozillaFirebird /usr/local/firefox /opt/mozilla /opt/netscape
/opt/MozillaFirebird /opt/firefox"

Eek! That's pretty much the definition of "bad hack" if I ever saw one.

It also doesn't get away from the totally non-intuitive relationship
between "I upgraded my web browser and now I can't run <insert favourite
SSL using app here>".

But, still, I'm not the one who's going to do the work, so take my
opinion with a pinch of salt :)