Create DLL stub files in c:\windows\system

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Sat Sep 4 08:52:15 CDT 2004

On Saturday 4 September 2004 15:28, Mike Hearn wrote:

> LoadLibrary should check the Wine DLL path first, as far as I know at
> least for DLLs that default to builtin. So if the program does
> LoadLibrary("c:\windows\system\user32.dll") for instance, it should still
> load the builtin DLL just fine. At least this is my understanding. Before

Actually it was calling LoadLibraryEx() with the flag
LOAD_LIBRARY_AS_DATAFILE set. If I read dlls/kernel/module.c
correctly such a call will fail if the requested file is
not a valid PE file.

You could make it look like a valid PE file by just adding a
PE header, but the next failure would probably be on accessing
some resource or something else inside the DLL.

 -Hans