Create DLL stub files in c:\windows\system

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Sat Sep 4 09:49:47 CDT 2004

Le sam 04/09/2004 à 10:29, Mike Hearn a écrit :
> On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 14:52, Hans Leidekker wrote:
> > You could make it look like a valid PE file by just adding a
> > PE header, but the next failure would probably be on accessing
> > some resource or something else inside the DLL.
>
> Well, yes, I know. But solving that one 100% reliably means making a
> cross compiler a buildreq of Wine, and that would be a big pain not to
> mention the difficulty involved with linking PE DLLs to native ELF
> libraries.

What we could do is if such a cross-compiler is detected at build time,
use it to build PE dlls in addition to ELF dlls (or in place of? Not
sure yet). If no cross-compiler is detected, nothing different from now
happens.

> It's probably best to just fix these sorts of apps as we find them on a
> case by case basis.

How? Remove a particular touched dll from c:\windows\system? If you have
two apps, one wanting the 0-sized dll and the other one choking on it,
what do you do?

Vincent