Richedit control

Krzysztof Foltman kfoltman at portal.onet.pl
Sat Sep 4 16:53:21 CDT 2004

Mike McCormack wrote:

> I'm going to play with the richedit control to try get it to draw RTF
> documents with formatting.

I've started the richedit thing long ago, and now I have some working
text wrapping code ready. So far it can use different fonts and
attributes (with row height adapting to largest font in the row, words
can consist of characters of different font), omit spaces beyond right
margin, align paragraphs to left/right/center (no justify, but original
richedit doesn't have that either), can display the caret in proper
place (but only move left/right/home/end) and use different wrapping
strategies depending on available width.

As the company I work for is interested in licensing it from me, I could
double license it to be used both in Wine and the proprietary
application (which wouldn't like the rocksucking API and horrible
limitations of the original RichEdit).

Of course, that doesn't make sense when somebody has much more code,
waiting for me to finish a basic implementation for others to hack on
would be just wasting time.

Chris