weird ?clipping? errors

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 20:49:44 CDT 2004

Hi,

   After my last patch that fixed a stack-trasher was committed, the
Kazaa Lite configuration wizard, KLConfigWizard.exe, can successfuly
run to completion, but the user better not press the 'Back' button
whilst running through the wizard, because he won't see anything anymore.  So
the problem is, if the user presses the back button on the wizard,
any text or images etc that were originally on that frame of the
wizard are now gone
and cannot be seen.  I have a couple of screenshots to show what im
talking about.  Take a look at [1].  This is what the user should see
when he runs the program initially.  You'll notice in [2] that the
left hand side of the window does not show what should be shown as
seen in [1].  After clicking 'Next' we're presented with [3].  This
frame actually is complete (except for a weird ?font spacing? problem
at the bottom), but when we press the 'Back' button to go back to the
first frame, we have [4].  The entire window is now missing, and that
is what happens on all of the windows when you try to go back to them.
I've tried to examine the relay traces to see what could be
happening, but I just dont know what im supposed to be looking for
with this error.  It seems to me to be a clipping problem, but that
might not be it either.  If you have any ideas about this, please let
me know, because I'm sure this isnt the only program affected by this
bug.

[1] http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/jhawkins/klite-actual.jpg
[2] http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/jhawkins/klite-1.jpg
[3] http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/jhawkins/klite-2.jpg