weird ?clipping? errors

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Sat Sep 4 22:40:58 CDT 2004

James Hawkins wrote:

>    After my last patch that fixed a stack-trasher was committed, the
> Kazaa Lite configuration wizard, KLConfigWizard.exe, can successfuly
> run to completion, but the user better not press the 'Back' button
> whilst running through the wizard, because he won't see anything anymore.  So

As you're dealing with a wizard/propsheet control, to check whether the
problem is in the code for that control, or a problem with the painting
code, try substituting comctl32.dll from a Windows 2000 machine, and see
if the error goes away.  You should notice some differences between the
way the native comctl32.dll and Wine's implementation draw things...

If they error stays, then you're dealing with a painting bug, which is
probably hard to solve.

If the error disappears, then you're dealing with a bug in Wine's
comctl32.dll. You can compare the +message traces with the native dll
and the builtin one, and see if you can spot the difference.  I usually
run the trace until I see the first instance of the error then press ^C,
then repeat for the working case, then compare the two logs in two
xterms the same size.

Mike