Drowning in FIXMEs...

michael at cherryblossom.homelinux.com michael at cherryblossom.homelinux.com
Mon Sep 6 19:47:50 CDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 10:09:26PM +0300, Jukka Heinonen wrote:
> Well, under DOS VGA text mode, mouse cursor is like "gpm" mouse
> cursor, a character cell which gets inverted or otherwise

IIRC it's inverted.

> highlighted in order to show where mouse is currently located at.

This is aproximate, since we're talking a console window here, right?
Where each block is a character?  And there are only so many characters
in the console window?

> As far as I know, neither Wine nor Windows supports this

Supported in Win9x (probably others) in console mode with mouse input
enabled (properties box somewhere) and in full screen mode.  It doesn't
show that way under Windowed/Boxed mode on 9x, because it's pointless --
why should you have a block cursor in the console following an already
existing, nice graphical pointer in Windows?