Using winelib in python module

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com
Tue Sep 7 04:02:53 CDT 2004

Nikolay A. Liber wrote:
> Have anybody tried to use winelib in python modules? I need to make
> python bindings to some propritary DLL that available as a binary only.
> I made shared library that simply dynamicaly loads that DLL using
> winelib mono hack. It works perfectly when  I link it with simple C test
> program but crashes when I load in python module. Just a call to
> SharedWineInit() causes python to crash

> [Switching to Thread 1075433600 (LWP 2477)]
> server_init_process () at ../../include/winnt.h:1543
> 1543        __asm__(".byte 0x64\n\tmovl (0x18),%0" : "=r" (teb));

I guess the "Mono hack" you're talking about either doesn't initialise
the TEB, or you have integrated it wrong.

I think you'd be better off building a winelib version of the Win32
Python port, ie so the entirely of the interpreter runs as a winelib
app. I don't think doing this is *too* hard ....

thanks -mike