Create DLL stub files in c:\windows\system

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Tue Sep 7 08:44:04 CDT 2004

On Tuesday 7 September 2004 10:58, Mike Hearn wrote:

> Well, we seem to be in a bit of a quandry then. Some apps require the
> DLLs to be physically present, and others can't deal with it if they are
> but empty. So the only solution seems to be to actually have real PE
> DLLs in the virtual windows drive, but this would mean huge changes to Wine.

How big would these changes actually be? The configure check
for a cross compiler is already there. We have a 'crosstest'
make target that produces PE executables alongside the ELF
executables in the test directories.

I'm wondering what would actually be needed for an analogous
'crossdll' target. The reason or one of the reasons for the current
practice of out-of-tree cross builds is that Wine's build tools
should not be cross compiled, correct? Any other obstacle?

 -Hans