Create DLL stub files in c:\windows\system

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Tue Sep 7 09:40:12 CDT 2004

Le mar 07/09/2004 à 09:50, Mike Hearn a écrit :
> > I'm wondering what would actually be needed for an analogous
> > 'crossdll' target. The reason or one of the reasons for the current
> > practice of out-of-tree cross builds is that Wine's build tools
> > should not be cross compiled, correct? Any other obstacle?
>
> Well, as I said before the main reason to do it would be apps that do
> their own linking. But then, how do we link eg wininet.dll to the native
> OpenSSL libraries? you'd have to statically link them all I guess.

We'd have to actually code what some say is possible and why it's not a
good thing to run Wine as root: let a Windows application (or dll) to
make native Linux library calls.

Actually, what we want is exactly what we currently do: native Windows
dll already call into ELF libraries (albeit special ELF files).

Vincent