Create DLL stub files in c:\windows\system

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com
Tue Sep 7 10:00:05 CDT 2004

> Actually, what we want is exactly what we currently do: native Windows
> dll already call into ELF libraries (albeit special ELF files).

Yes, but we can do this because we control the dynamic linker. The only
reason I can think of (are there others?) to build the DLLs as real PE
DLLs is so apps that do their own linking can work.

But then if they are doing their own linking, how do they get connected
to ELF files?