UltimaOnLine: X11DRV_CritSection deadlock

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò dgp85 at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 7 11:35:38 CDT 2004

Hi,
I'm playing Ultima OnLine using wine in the last times, it works fine,
except that wine processes eat all the cpu time and sometimes I have this
fixme on stderr:
fixme:bitblt:X11DRV_BitBlt potential optimization - client-side DIBcopy

But the true problem is that if I'm idle for some time, I get this error,
and kde stops responding at mouse (and sometimes also keyboard) events:

err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x41bd6220 "x11drv_main.c:
X11DRV_CritSection" wait timed out in thread 0009, blocked by 000a,
retrying (60 sec)

Seems like a deadlock, but I don't know what can generate this problem, so I
can't reproduce it after launching winedbg.
Also when I close the client, wine remains open until I ctrl-c it.
Trying to tracing this is quite impossible, because it's already heavy when
launched directly, I don't think it's possible to have a +all with it
without using the delayed debug, but I'm not able to find out the patch
into wine-patches, if someone can point a link for it, I'll try to do that.

If no one has idea of what problem is this, I'll report it as a bug, but
maybe it's only an application's problem.

TIA,
--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
dgp85 at users.sourceforge.net - http://flameeyes.web.ctonet.it/