UltimaOnLine: X11DRV_CritSection deadlock

Roger Olson u60 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 8 11:57:56 CDT 2004

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò Wrote:

> But the true problem is that if I'm idle for some time, I get this error,
> and kde stops responding at mouse (and sometimes also keyboard) events:

I have a setiathome type app (United Devices) that processes data in the
background.  While it's bg processing, Linux apps become noticibly lethargic
like waiting 20-30 seconds for Mozilla to open.

> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x41bd6220 "x11drv_main.c:
> X11DRV_CritSection" wait timed out in thread 0009, blocked by 000a,
> retrying (60 sec)

Often when my app completes it's workunit and should phone home, it just
sits their appearing to work but actually not doing anything. When I shut it
down I receive this errror:

err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSecion section 0x401f001c "?" wait timed out in
thread 0023, blocked by thread 0025, retrying (60 sec)

Other times, the app does what it is supposed to only to do the above again
at some later time.

> If no one has idea of what problem is this, I'll report it as a bug, but
> maybe it's only an application's problem.
>
> TIA,
> --
> Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò

Sounds like a definate bug in Wine to me.  The two threads involved in the
blocking are app assgned Windows Normal(4) and Idle(1) so it may be related
to how these relate to Linux Equivalents.

Roger