The solution for the Delphi menu bug

Michael Kaufmann hallo at michael-kaufmann.ch
Wed Sep 8 19:29:53 CDT 2004

Hi all,

I found a different approach to make the menus of Delphi applications
work in WINE. I was working on a different bug (allow a single menu to
be used in multiple windows), and found that my fix for this problem
also fixes the Delphi menu bug. So we don't have to break a testcase!

The fix is as simple as updating the menu bar's hWnd member every time
the user clicks on a menu bar. This is even necessary if the menu is
displayed in multiple windows, so it's not a "Delphi-only" fix.

Thank you for the intensive discussion we had on the subject!

My patch is here:
http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-patches/2004/09/0154.html

Regards

Michael