Battlefield 1942 d3d8 crash

Ann and Jason Edmeades us at the-edmeades.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 04:59:17 CDT 2004

Hiya,

Just an fyi - I installed it and gave it a try. The first problem (the one
you mentioned) is easily solved by commenting out
the hide and show calls around the setwindowpos. This may be the real fix -
The problem is the app has a default window
proc which is receiving a window activated message on the show, and assumes
it had lost full screen and got it back. It then
tries to reset everything but it never completed initialization!

Anyway it then goes on to die on something I think is sound related, but
might be my machines problem (sound on my test
box is seriously screwed up). Note the game writes into a sub dir 'Logs'
(from memory) a log of how far it gets.

Try taking those 2 lines out and see if you get any further. I'll have
another go at the 2nd trap I am seeing, but it would be
interesting to see if you get any further.

Jason