Settlers 3: bug in NTDLL_get_server_timeout??

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Thu Sep 9 09:02:50 CDT 2004

Le jeu 09/09/2004 à 03:49, Stefan Dösinger a écrit :

> > This may be a DDraw issue... A WINEDEBUG=+ddraw log enclosed in a Bugzilla
> > bug report would be nice.
> It looks like wine draws the usual decorations around the game's
> window(Desktop mode).

Desktop mode puts all windows inside another one named the Desktop. If
you're seeing "normal" Windows decoration around a window rather than
your window manager's, it's the Managed option.

> > > *The mouse always moves back to the center of the screen.
> >
> > And this is a DInput. Same as for the image problem but with a +dinput log.
> > This may be another example of 'I grab the mouse in relative mode but I
> > still query absolute coordinates via standard Win32 APIs' game. If it's the
> > latter, the fix will be a bit hard to do :-)
> The mouse warp goes mad. For testing, I removed the SetCursorPos in
> SysMouseAImpl_GetDeviceData and the mouse works normal.
>
> Both problems are fixed in cvswinex, but cvswinex has another problem: I can
> start a game, sound works, I can move the map, but the game is just frozen.
> It's like a Multiplayer game where the connection to the server is lost.

If the problem lies with WineX (now Cedega), cvs version or official
releases, this is not the place to discuss it. Or were you pointing out
differences between how Wine and WineX handled the same game?

Vincent