winecfg (was Re: W->A calls)

Duane Clark dclark at
Sat Sep 11 10:34:15 CDT 2004

Joris Huizer wrote:
> Fine by me ;) where do I start then.. I can't find much on the winehq
> site about that (I found a but
> it seems the last update was over a year ago..)
> What's there to do, how to... etc - kind find much documentation except
> for the fact it's mentioned as a Todo thing :-/

It appears that Mike has been doing a lot of work on this.
So you probably first want to coordinate with him.

I would start by running "winecfg", and seeing what doesn't work, which
is a lot. For example, on the very first tab, you can select a "Windows
Version", but changing the setting doesn't actually change anything (it
should make/alter a registry entry). The winecfg code is in

A long discussion of things that are needed is in the thread starting:

In fact, you probably want to go to:
And then search for all subjects containing winecfg.

By the way, I really do like the look mentioned here:
It is much improved over the current look. Hopefully that will become
part of winecfg.