dlls/winsock/socket breakage

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Sat Sep 11 12:36:23 CDT 2004

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
> I made some more progress with the fix but I'm not fully sure how it
> works. I checked the freebsd source code to figure out how it works.
> Compared to the linux source the code was very complicated as in linux
> there's a special ipx setsockopt option and so on. [...]
> Perhaps you can try to build a fix as I don't have access to any FreeBSD box
> and can't test the patch. Note that in the function ws2_send we don't need to
> retrieve the ipx packet type as that won't be needed for freebsd as the
> linux/freebsd ipx sockaddr structure is different.

The problem is, I don't know anything about IPX in general nor IPX on
Windows or FreeBSD :-(, else I really would have tried to fix this.

(This is why I tried to describe the FreeBSD situation as far as I could
find out from an installation in my original message.)

If you could provide a prototype path, I'd be most happy to give it a
try and will also try to tweak it as good as I can, if needed.

Gerald