winecfg (was Re: W->A calls)

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com
Mon Sep 13 04:05:25 CDT 2004

> It appears that Mike has been doing a lot of work on this.
> http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/09/0221.html
> So you probably first want to coordinate with him.

Yes. I'm aware that I'm holding people up right now due to my
non-connectedness. I'm actually living in a bed&breakfast with no net
connection, so I only have web/email access at work.

It's kind of odd - I've been doing some work on it lately, and suddenly
people pop up who want to work on it after a long period of inactivity.
Oh well :)

> I would start by running "winecfg", and seeing what doesn't work, which
> is a lot. For example, on the very first tab, you can select a "Windows
> Version", but changing the setting doesn't actually change anything (it
> should make/alter a registry entry). The winecfg code is in
> wine/programs/winecfg.

Fixed by me already. Actually, I've done quite a bit of work on it, I'd
recommend waiting for 2 weeks at which point I'll have net access to my
laptop again and can hopefully send off my work. At that point I'll be
disappearing back into university life and doing CW work again so the
coast will be clear for others to work on it.

> A long discussion of things that are needed is in the thread starting:
> http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/08/0007.html

I've sorted some of these already, especially in the apps tab.

So ... if you guys can wait for 2 weeks I should (hopefully) have
something to show soon.

thanks -mike