Directx9

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Mon Sep 13 10:27:10 CDT 2004

> I don't think that a breakage in d3d can be an option now. Wine is an 'old'
> project also if not stable or mature, and breaking stuff now is a big
> problem to users.

Well, if that is the case, we need to recruit someone to do 'proper'
releases as there are no guarantees for now of any stability between any
releases (the day the config file goes into the registry or when the new
window management is comitted, I think that a LOT of breakage will occur).

At least when the breakage is in the main tree, people are more motivated to
fix it than when lying in a test branch that nobody will get and use :-)

> Also, as I'm not using d3d myself, if the compilation is broken, I can
> neither use wine for normal 2d desktop apps.

Nobody ever told about any 'compilation' breakage... Any patch sent to the
list will compile (modulo GL header issues :-) ).

     Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/