Why is our OutputDebugString a server request?

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Tue Sep 14 00:19:33 CDT 2004

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

>Shachar Shemesh <wine-devel at shemesh.biz> writes:
>

>>But as far as I can see, this means that Windows debuggers won't get
>>it. Wouldn't it be better to implement it the Win32 way? At the very
>>least, implement it ALSO as the Win32 way?
>>

>It will generate an output string debug event, so Windows debuggers
>should be able to deal with it. The real Win32 way would be to raise
>an exception, which is certainly something we could do;

Not according to my information. According to my information, this is
merely a mutex and an event. (is that what you meant?).

I'll do some proper looking into here.

> but since
>Win32 provides a debug event for this purpose, it seemed reasonable to
>use it. Now, if you know of a case where it causes trouble, it can be
>changed.

I get the feeling that I misunderstood what you just said. What is the
debug event? where do we do anything with it?

          Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.