msvcrt: fill _chsize, _dup, _dup2

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Sep 15 08:58:47 CDT 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 06:53:28AM +0000, JustFillBug wrote:

> Use the POSIX peer.
I don't think this is correct (and if it was, then it would have been
done that way already, I guess).

I'm not too familiar with our msvcrt, but it looks like these functions
should definitely be implemented by means of our msvcrt's file handle
management: msvcrt_alloc_fd(), msvcrt_alloc_fp() and many other related
functions.
Reason being that if you simply dup() an fd, that this properly
registered source fd (in msvcrt, that is), would end up with a cloned fd
that is NOT being properly registered on the msvcrt side.

To make it more obvious: _close() uses msvcrt_fdtoh(), which would
most likely fail for an msvcrt-foreign fd.

Would be cool if you could implement it the correct way, though.

Thanks,

Andreas Mohr