Cryptographic functions

Alexander Yaworsky yaworsky at migusoft.ru
Thu Sep 16 01:20:11 CDT 2004

Hello

> My Advapi32.dll Ver 5.0.2195.6876 from W2K SP4 does not export these
> functions at all. Not even as delayed exports or forwards, at least by
> name. Not sure about ordinals.
>
> Rolf Kalbermatter

I've found alike functions (may be MD4 or MD5) in w2k advapi.dll by magic numbers
but they are used internally. No exports even by ordinals.

XP's cryptdll exports MD5, MD4 and SHA functions but redirects them
to advapi32.dll.

There is no decription of SHA and MD4 functions in platform SDK.

Also, there is a mention of MD5.h in SDK documentation but platform SDK
does not contain this file.