[OT] AMD64 Implications

Ann and Jason Edmeades us at the-edmeades.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 13:50:15 CDT 2004

Hello,

Slightly off topic, but I am looking at purchasing a new PC and intend to
continue doing wine development on it (especially d3d9). Is there any wine
implications to buying an AMD64 compared to a 'normal' 32 bit chip. Will I
be able to continue my wine development, obviously for running emulation of
32 bit windows apps (games)? Would I need to ensure I use 32 bit kernels, or
can I make use of any 64 bit ones (dont know if these exist even!).

Sorry if this is an obvious question,  but I didnt want to go so far and
find I have caused myself problems

Jason