autoconf issues on HP-UX

Warren_Baird at cimmetry.com Warren_Baird at cimmetry.com
Fri Sep 17 13:57:36 CDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm in the process of trying to get winelib working on an HP-UX / PA-RISC
machine.

The first issue I've come across is related to autoconf, and I'm afraid I'm far
from an autoconf guru, so I wanted to post my proposed solution here before
submitting a patch.

The problem is that the current autoconf tests done to determine how to link a
shared library aren't very good - they use WINE_TRY_CFLAGS, which builds a c
file containing something like "void main() { } " and tries to link it.