Help with GetConsoleWindow()

Ewert, Mark mark.ewert at intel.com
Fri Sep 17 18:23:16 CDT 2004

I'm running an application that calls the stubbed out function
GetConsoleWindow(). I want the application to stay in the dos console
when it runs but unfortunately when it sees a NULL from
GetConsoleWindow() it loads a graphical window. I tried hacking the
function to return the value 1 and this gave me the result I had hoped
where it did not call up a graphical window but at a later point I get
the error:

wine: Unhandled exception (thread 000d), starting debugger...

Any ideas on what GetConsoleWindow() should actually return?

Cheers,

Mark