Wine-20040918 preblems in

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Sat Sep 18 04:42:02 CDT 2004

Green, Shaun E. wrote:

> I've used Wine-20040818 successfully since it's release on Yoper Linux
> with kernel 2.4.26 vanilla, so that's why I'm betting it's a kernel
> 2.6.8.1 issue.

I doubt that there's any issues with the vanilla Linux 2.6.8.1 kernel,
as I use Slackware 9.1/Linux 2.6.8 and Wine works fine for me.

I'd suggest you haven't configured wine right, or your "performance
patches" to 2.6.8.1 are at fault.

Wine from WineHQ isn't going to be much faster than CrossOver's wine.
They're built from similar code, the only difference is CO 3.0.1 is 6
months older, and has a few extra fixes in it.

Mike