MSCMS: new dll

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Sun Sep 19 07:43:29 CDT 2004

Hans Leidekker wrote:

>On Saturday 18 September 2004 19:47, Robert Shearman wrote:
>

>>Will we get into the same state as SHDOCVW where the DLL is essentially
>>useless?
>>

>SHDOCVW needs the Mozilla based ActiveX control right? If I understand your
>question you're worried that because people don't have liblcms installed
>MSCMS will be useless.

No. I am asking whether it will end up sitting there remaining 5%
implemented (I think the 25% on the DLLs status page is a little
generous) because no-one will have the time and expertise to implement
the rest. Admittedly, this is different from SHDOCVW where it consists
of many undocumented functions and interfaces.

>Well, I know liblcms is part of SUSE, Mandrake and
>Debian. It's not in Fedora Core but it is in Fedora Extras.
>
>liblcms (LittleCMS) is only 384Kb so we could also consider statically
>linking it, an option pretty much out of the question for the Mozilla
>based control. A third option would be to build LittleCMS as another dll
>(it support this), implement MSCMS on top of it, and simply ship that
>as another Wine specific dll.

It is not a problem if liblcms isn't installed as we could print a FIXME
and return FALSE from PROCESS_ATTACH to get the same behaviour as before.

Rob