Internet Explorer 5.5 on wine (os version = "win2k")

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Mon Sep 20 03:22:23 CDT 2004

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 09:00:32AM +0100, Lara Joy Francia wrote:
> Does anyone know how to install internet explorer 5.5
> on Linux with wine (os version = win2k)? I already
> tried installing ie5.5 on wine with os version as
> win98 and it worked however, I need to set the os
> version to win2k because it is the required os version
> of the other application that I'm trying install on
> wine. Thanks in advance.
Why not use the per-application version setting?

.wine/config:
[AppDefaults\\sol.exe\\Version]
"Windows" = "win2k"

(you might need to add such a version entry for several different
executable names which are used during the install)

This may have changed already due to the current move from the
config file into a special registry branch, but I think it's still
valid.

Or just try removing all forced Windows version values and let
Wine try to figure out good version values by itself (may work,
but may just as well fail, since it's a bit difficult to guess
reliably).

Good luck,

Andreas Mohr