A couple of menu fixes

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Mon Sep 20 05:44:01 CDT 2004

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 07:03:47PM +0900, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this patch fixes 2 problems with menu tracking:
> 1. menu navigation keys do not work when there is no focus window,
> i.e. menu code does not handle WM_SYSKEY*/WM_SYSCHAR messages.
> 2. when a window owning a menu is being destroyed its menu loop
> never unblocks. Pietrek's book mentions that it's the responsibility
> of DestroyWindow to call EndMenu() in that case.

Great! But...
I'm currently working on some other menu aspects (ModifyMenu/InsertMenu),
since Microsoft Works 2000 is horribly broken.
I intend to submit some fixes soon, so it'd be useful if other people
chose to not work in this area.

I've been trying to simply "fix" these issues, but it's so confusing
(if you fix one thing, then the next one fails) that I should have started
with menu tests first...
So I'll do extensive tests and try to fix everything that I find.

Andreas Mohr