Latest CVS alsa problem

J. Grant jg at jguk.org
Sun Sep 19 18:22:55 CDT 2004

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your quick response.

on the 19/09/04 22:14, Ivan Leo Puoti wrote:
>> libalsa2-devel-0.9.0-0.8rc2mdk
> This package contains the alsa development headers, so unless you have some good
> reason to keep this RPM installed (For example you develop an app that needs
> these headers), you can just uninstall this package and wine will compile
> without alsa support. Wine's OSS driver should work with alsa's oss emulation.

Ok, I did as you suggested and it now works.  However it was a bit of a
pain, because I use this version of ALSA for SDL development, so I am
going to have to reinstall those packages and their deps to let me work
on that.

Would you be able to consider adding ./configure --disable-alsa ?  (a la
MPlayer and other projects)  Also perhaps the alsa detection could not
set it up when only alsa 0.9.0 is installed if WINE requires 1.0.x alsa
now..?

Please include my email address in any replies.

Kind regards

JG

--
Homepage: http://jguk.org/