Installing dot net framework 1.1 on wine

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 00:16:38 CDT 2004

Hello,

--- Lara Joy Francia <larajoyfrancia at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I tried installing .net framework 1.1 on wine but it
> always fails. It says, "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
> setup has ended prematurely.. ". Does anyone know what
> should be done like what are the dlls and
> configuration needed in order for it to finish installing?

It seems use some sort of digital signature or hash at the end of the
installer. I forget the dll that is the problem either secure32 or
maybe crypt32. The only solution is going to be to implement the need
functions..... Its really a pain because this is the only thing that
keeps the free version of MS_VC 2003 from installing on Wine.

Thanks
Steven