WIDL: use __RPC_FAR attribute for pointers in proxies

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com
Tue Sep 21 03:43:19 CDT 2004

> Yes, because it makes it easier to compare the output of midl and widl.
>  Additionally, I hope that projects other than Wine can use widl too one
> day...

Yeah, I'd vote for *not* following the exact output of MIDL in WIDL
actually.

- MIDL produces code that could compete in the worlds ugliest code
   competition.

- The casts it uses make new versions of gcc cry

- There's a lot of junk in there we probably don't need (stubless proxy
   support etc)

I'd rather we produced clean, easily readable Wine style code rather
than copying the output of MIDL exactly. The code isn't magic, it should
not be difficult to simply compare the meaning of the code if we're not
sure it matches up.

thanks -mike