RFC: more Windows-NT like user directories?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Sep 21 11:33:01 CDT 2004

Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com> writes:

> Hmm. I noticed that wineprefixcreate has an --update option. I assumed
> that meant it would rescan the system and non-destructively update the
> links.

No, it can't do that, you have no way of knowing which links were
autodetected and need to be updated, and which ones have been
explicitly set by the user and must not be touched.

> This becomes somewhat less convenient if things are scattered around
> everywhere, especially if appdefaults no longer mirror the global
> settings heirarchy.
>
> So is the plan to copy the config branch to a different branch, or to
> do each setting individually? If the latter, why?

Most things should be moved straight to HKLM/Software/Wine; there are
some exceptions for things that we want to take the opportunity to
fix, or for things that will no longer be part of the config. But I
don't think any of these are handled by winecfg at the moment; things
like DllOverrides and x11drv will be moved unchanged to
HKLM/Software/Wine.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org