raw parallel port access

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Sep 22 04:23:02 CDT 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 10:50:24AM +0200, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> Regarding inpout32:
> The source can be found on http://www.logix4u.cjb.net. The dll only exposes
> two functions:
>
> LIBRARY INPOUT32
>
> EXPORTS
>
> Inp32           @1
> Out32           @2
>
> So to reimplement it in Wine, you only need create a new wine dll named
> INPOUT32. All the dll implementation has to do is to forward these functions
> to DOSVM_inport and DOSVM_outport. Can I leave the implementation to you?
In this case it's actually justified, I think (since this DLL is used
by many, many programs and the Wine implementation would be extremely small).

However since I think that we'll have many similar cases of non-Windows DLL
(and VxD!) rewrites in Wine (almost always for hardware interfacing),
should this be done in dlls/oem_drivers/ or so?
This might need Makefile structure changes, though.
I'd hate to see the main dlls/ directory polluted with dozens of vendor
DLL reimplementations...

Andreas Mohr